Tuesday, April 22, 2008

WearMoreNylons Salutes The Pipettes










Well, I was all set to post a bunch of pictures that I took from the Pipettes show near here last year, mentioning how I loved the band for 1) recreating the 60's girl group sound perfectly, and 2) wearing great outfits and nylons pretty much every time I saw them. Then sadly I read this article, saying that two of the members were leaving the band, including the super hot brunette.

A quick summary of the Pipettes: they are a newer British band that is mainly the 3 lovely women who share the lead vocal duties. They've purposely based their sound around the 1960's classic girl groups, bringing it kicking and screaming into the 21st century. I'd highly recommend checking out their US album "We Are the Pipettes," definitely worth the purchase.

In pretty much all of their promotional material, they wear nearly matching outfits, and thankfully usually wear nylons as well. Well, two of the three anyways, Riotbeck, the one with glasses, usually wears leggings, oh well.

But anyways, onto the photos of the show, being the perv I am, I of course went to the front of the venue with an empty memory card and fully charged batteries. As you can see, I was not disappointed. Let's hope the next two ladies added to the Pipettes will be just as lovely and dress just as well. Oh yeah, and hopefully they'll sing good and all that stuff too.

No comments: